Newgrange of Cheshunt Ltd has been fined £175,000 for the fire which killed two pensioners at a care home in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, in April 2017.
The cause of the fire at Newgrange Care Home was found to be from an electrical fault which spread to the roof.
Thirty-three residents were rescued, with three needing hospital treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.
Newgrange pleaded guilty to five offences at St Albans Crown Court. The five counts each involved an admission that it breached its duty imposed by fire safety law and that the breaches were such that they put the residents at risk of death or serious harm.
Newgrange will have to pay some prosecution costs, the amount of which is to be negotiated.
The care home provides services for up to 38 older people.
A Newgrange of Cheshunt Ltd spokesperson said: ‘Newgrange of Cheshunt Ltd and everyone connected with the company was deeply shocked and saddened by this tragic fire. Our thoughts remain with the families who lost loved ones.’
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service has undergone a programme of inspection of all of the county’s care homes ito ensure that they all fully comply with fire safety legislation.