Exclusive JCI partner in China and new hospital certifications
Joint Commission International and China Resources Healthcare Group have named the JCI-CRHG Academy of Hospital Management, a joint venture of the two organisations, as the exclusive provider for JCI advisory services for health care organizations in Mainland China (PRC), Hong Kong and Macao. The JCI-CRHG Academy of Hospital Management provides accreditation technical assistance, preparation, resources and training, allowing Chinese health care organisations to have one official source for all JCI advisory services.
In China, 93 facilities are accredited by JCI. JCI will continue to perform accreditation surveys separately. The use of JCI advisory services is not necessary to obtain accreditation from JCI, nor does it influence the granting of such accreditation.
Recent Temos accreditations include:
- Samara Regional Clinical Oncology Dispensary, Russia – “Quality in International Patient Care”
- Reproductive Health Clinic ECOin Samara, Russia – “Quality in International Reproductive Care”
- Clinica de Occidente, Colombia – “Excellence in Medical Tourism” accreditation.
- Kalmar Implant Dentistry, Croatia – “Quality in International Dental Care” certificate.
- Rehabilitation hospital Stubicke Toplice, Croatia – “Quality in International Rehabilitation Care”
- A medical travel agency in Greece, CrossBorderMedCare – “Quality in International Medical Travel Coordination”
In the US, DNV GL Healthcare has certified Hillcrest Medical Centre in Tulsa, Oklahoma for palliative care services. It is the first provider DNV GL Healthcare has certified since it introduced a certification for palliative care providers earlier this year. The hospital is affiliated with Hillcrest HealthCare System, which operates seven acute care hospitals across northeast Oklahoma as well as the Tulsa Spine and Specialty Hospital.
The Medical Travel Quality Alliance has awarded medical tourism certifications to Zulekha Hospital, Dubai, and Salut Empordà Healthcare Figueres Hospital, Spain.